- RSS Channel Showcase 1212312
- RSS Channel Showcase 3307259
- RSS Channel Showcase 7270083
- RSS Channel Showcase 9192025
Articles on this Page
- 04/17/17--20:48: _Mitochondrial dysfu...
- 05/02/17--16:41: _Nicotinamide mononu...
- 05/16/17--14:30: _NMNAT: It’s an NAD+...
- 05/24/17--09:14: _Sulforaphane a powe...
- 05/24/17--09:51: _Mitochondrial trans...
- 06/17/17--13:12: _Enhanced Nutraceuti...
- 06/18/17--12:47: _Sulforaphane increa...
- 07/15/17--11:20: _Rapamycin,rifampici...
- 08/06/17--12:17: _A NAD+/PARP1/SIRT1 ...
- 08/10/17--06:41: _Sirtuin 6 Improves ...
- 04/17/17--20:48: Mitochondrial dysfunction and the inflammatory response
- 05/16/17--14:30: NMNAT: It’s an NAD+ synthase, chaperone, AND neuroprotector
- 06/17/17--13:12: Enhanced Nutraceutical bioactivity to fight cancer
- 07/15/17--11:20: Rapamycin,rifampicin, Psora-4 cocktail doubles lifespan
- 08/06/17--12:17: A NAD+/PARP1/SIRT1 axis in Aging
- 08/10/17--06:41: Sirtuin 6 Improves Healthspan In Mice
The .pdf version of this research can be found at https://www.researchgate.net/ 1. Introduction Inflammation, a basic biological response against invading pathogens, contributes to repairing damage and preventing further tissue or cell injury (Medzhitov, 2008). However, when the inflammatory response cannot be appropriately attenuated, multi-organ failure or chronic inflammation can develop (Medzhitov, 2008). In this sense, increasing […]
The post Mitochondrial dysfunction and the inflammatory response appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
Study published here Highlights NMN improved behavioral measures of cognitive impairments in AD-Tg mice. NMN decreased β-amyloid production, amyloid plaque burden, synaptic loss, and inflammatory responses in AD-Tg mice. NMN reduced JNK activation in AD-Tg mice. NMN regulated the expression of APP cleavage secretase in AD-Tg mice. Abstract Amyloid-β (Aβ) oligomers […]
Nicotinamide mononucleotide adenylyl transferases (NMNATs) are a family of highly conserved proteins indispensable for cellular homeostasis. NMNATs are classically known for their enzymatic function of catalyzing NAD+ synthesis, but also have gained a reputation as essential neuronal maintenance factors. NMNAT deficiency has been associated with various human diseases with pronounced consequences on neural tissues, underscoring […]
The post NMNAT: It’s an NAD+ synthase, chaperone, AND neuroprotector appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
Sulforaphane has been shown to be an effective antioxidant, antimicrobial, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, neuroprotective, and anti-diabetic (R). It also protects against cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases (R). Many test-tube and animal studies have found sulforaphane to be particularly helpful for suppressing cancer development by inhibiting enzymes that are involved in cancer and tumor growth (R, R, R). According […]
1. Introduction The importance of the mitochondrion in the maintenance and preservation of cellular homeostasis and function is well established and there is a sufficient body of evidence to show that mitochondrial injury or loss of function is deleterious (Durhuus et al., 2015). The mechanisms leading to mitochondrial dysfunction are varied and include genetic changes […]
The post Mitochondrial transplantation: From animal models to clinical use in humans appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
1. Introduction Nutraceuticals are biologically active molecules found in foods that may not be essential for maintaining normal human functions, but may enhance human health and wellbeing by inhibiting certain diseases or improving human performance (Gupta, 2016; Wildman & Kelley, 2007). Numerous different classes of nutraceuticals are found in both natural and processed foods including […]
The post Enhanced Nutraceutical bioactivity to fight cancer appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
Study published here: Glucoraphanin ameliorates obesity and insulin resistance through adipose tissue browning and reduction of metabolic endotoxemia in mice Low-grade sustained inflammation, triggered by chronically high levels of proinflammatory cytokines and gut microbiota-derived circulatory lipopolysaccharide (LPS), links obesity with comorbidities such as insulin resistance and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) (1,2). Although a number […]
The post Sulforaphane increases metabolism to ameliorate obesity and insulin resistance appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
Drug combinations work to synergistically extend the life- and healthspan in worms. The most successful drug combination tested almost doubled lifespan, a feat never reported before. Furthermore, more than half of the worms receiving the drug combination were still in optimal health after all control animals had died! Finally, the authors show that these drugs […]
The post Rapamycin,rifampicin, Psora-4 cocktail doubles lifespan appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
NAD+ levels decline with age in diverse animals from C. elegans to mice      and raising NAD+ levels has apparent anti‐aging effects     . Increasing NAD+ levels by dietary supplementation with NAD+ precursors Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) or Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) improved mitochondrial function , and muscle, neural […]
Previous research has demonstrated that overexpressing a protein known as SIRT6 increases lifespan of mice and offers protection against obesity-induced metabolic abnormalities. In contrast mice that lack SIRT6 suffer from various aging-related problems and die before the age of 4 weeks. SIRT6 is part of a class of proteins known as the sirtuins that have […]